Monday, May 29, 2017

21 Days of Turkish Get Ups with Rdella Training

One of my favorite podcasts is the Rdella Training Podcast by Scott Iardella. Back in April he announced a 21 day training program consisting of daily Turkish Get Ups. I signed up and began the program on 1 May 2017 along w/ Scott and many of his other listeners.

Everyday for 21 straight days I did the prescribed number of getups. I usually did them in the morning after five minutes of mobility work ala Max Shank's 5 Minute Flow. Occasionally I did my get ups in the evening but probably only 3 or 4 times out of twenty one days. Oh sometimes I warmed up with a Yoga Flow by Brian Friedman. My other go to morning mobility was inspired by either Scott Sonnon's Intu-Flow or Original Strength Resets.

The first week I used a 25 pound kettlebell. Total reps for the week were 36. The second week I used a 35 pound bell. Total reps for the week were 44. On the third and final week I used a 44 pound bell, which I hadn't used for getups since last summer. The rep total for the week was 52. I also successfully tested with the 53 pound kettlebell on the last day! So every week I increased both volume and weight. Good stuff.

I regained strength and improved both technique and mobility. Soreness was minimal. I'm proud of myself for finishing the program without skipping a day even though I was tempted to skip a day or do "naked get ups" instead of using a weight. Overall a great challenge to get me ready for taking on Simple and Sinister again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.