Saturday, April 27, 2019

New Orleans-ish Kettlebell Training

Five days after my last kettlebell practice I'm on day three of a trip to New Orleans. The title is New Orleans-ish because I'm actually staying across Lake Pontchartrain with a cousin instead of in the city. I brought along my 16kg kettlebell and I'm finally getting in a training session. Decided to actually do a warm up since I haven't trained and have done a lot of driving, sitting and walking the last few days. Needed to make sure everything was well oiled before jumping straight to swings and getups.

Movement Prep Giant Sets
  1. Assisted Squats 3x5
  2. Hip Bridge(Raise) 3x5 
  3. Kettlebell Halo 3x5 per direction 35lbs.
6/10 Simple and Sinister
  • One Hand Swings 6x10x16kg
  • Get Ups 6x1x16kg
Felt good. Amazing how this short simple session gets my heart pumping. Also did a little rolling of hip flexors, quads, hamstrings and glutes afterwards. Movement prep took 10:32 minutes. Swings and getups took 13:04.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.