Saturday, June 1, 2019

Armor Building

I haven't trained since Tuesday 28 May 2019. I meant to train on Thursday 30 May 2019 but started having muscle spasms where my right lat attaches down in the lower back area. Super painful. No way I could train. Friday felt better but decided I should wait another day and that brings us to today.

Started out with my normal movement prep.

Movement Prep Giant Sets
  1. Goblet Squats 3x5x35lbs
  2. Hip Bridge(Raise) 3x5 
  3. Kettlebell Halo 3x5 per direction 35lbs.
Forgot to do my planks as part of the giant set. Did three sets with 2 minute break in between. Total time for prep and planks 18 minutes.

Plank 3x30 seconds

Then l did the armor building routine outlined in the picture above. However, instead of AMRAP 15 I did EMOM 15 and barely was able to keep pace. I used a pair of 16kg (35lb) kettlebells. Also I squated to a box that was just below parallel as I'm still working on strength and mobility for full squats. During my first couple of rounds the cleans were GARBAGE! I need to spend some more time practicing them and snatches.

Cool Down Stretching 
  • Super Sets
    • 90/90 Stretch 3x30 seconds per side
    • QL Straddle Stretch 3x30 seconds per side
  • Bretzel 1 minute per side
  • Bretzel 2.0 1 minute per side
Total cool down time 14:08. If all goes well and my body doesn't rebel, on Monday I'll resume my simple and sinister practice and up my sets of swings and getups from 8 to 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.