Sunday, September 23, 2018

Another Day Another Kettlebell Practice Session

It was a really lovely day for outdoor training. Lower than normal humidity, a slight breeze, and only low to mid 80s F. Before I started my session I swept the driveway and repotted a big plant. So I spent about an hour outside even before I started.

Warm Up Giant Sets
  1. Assisted Squats 3x5
  2. Kettlebell Halo 3x5 per direction 20lbs.
  3. Hip Bridge(Raise) 3x5 
  4. Bird Dog 3x5
4/5ths Simple and Sinister
  1. Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 7x10x44lbs
  2. Turkish Get Ups 4x1x35lbs / side
Warm up was good. My right patelar tendon was feeling a little painful or tender last night and this morning. But after the movement from yard work and the warm up sets it felt fine. Total warm up time was 12:24. 

Kettlebell practice was good. I'm concentrating on hinging at the last moment and really loading up my hamstrings and glutes. And this is really doing it, my posterior chain is pretty darn sore. Great tip from Pavel Macek in this video..."pretend there are two buttons on either side of your waist that activate your hinge,  only hinge when you arms touch the buttons". My entire core (front, sides and back) is sore too, I assume from hard plank at the top of the swings and the many positions and rotations during get ups. Total time 16:02.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.