Monday, April 29, 2019

Back Home 60 Percent Simple and Sinister Practice

Drove/rode all day yesterday travelling back to Greenville, SC from New Orleans, LA. Got my practice in this afternoon taking a break from work.

Movement Prep Giant Sets
  1. Assisted Squats 3x5
  2. Hip Bridge(Raise) 3x5 
  3. Kettlebell Halo 3x5 per direction 35lbs.
6/10 Simple and Sinister
  • One Hand Swings 6x10x16kg
  • Get Ups 6x1x16kg
I did a little reading on the StrongFirst web site and was reminded not to try to beat the clock with each session. I do a good job of doing swings in an EMOM fashion so that is more rest for swings than the S&S goal calls for, 100 swings in 5 minutes. 10 swings EMOM fashion is 10 minutes.

I forget to build more rest into the get up portion, doing them EMOM fashion as well which is pretty much exactly what S&S goal calls for, 10 get up in 10 minutes or less. So today I gave myself 90 seconds for each get up.

Since I'm only doing 6 sets of each right now and this is my fourth session, in about 6 days I'll be doing my 7th session at this level. On that 7th session I'll see if I can get 60 swings in 3 minutes, rest 1 minute and then do 6 get ups in 6 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.