Saturday, January 14, 2017

Afternoon Simple and Sinister

Went to bed early and slept late. My fitbit  calculated that I slept for 10:37! I know I was awake for a couple of hours of that at least. I was just lying in bed listening to Krista Tippett interviewing Anil Dash for On Being. Ran some errands and when I finally got home proceeded to do my kettlebell training.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ legs then arms
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 20 lbs.

6 Minute Abs
  1. Myotatic Crunch 1 x 10
  2. Cat Vomit Exercise 1 x 10

Simple and Sinister

  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 10 x 35 lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings 6 x 10 x 35 lbs L, R, L, R, L, R
  • Two Hand Kettlebell Swings 2 x 10 x 35 lbs
  • Turkish Get Ups 1 x 1 x 25 lbs per side
  • Turkish Get Ups 3 x 1 x 35 lbs per side
  • Turkish Get Ups 1 x 1 x 25 lbs per side
Performance prep pretty much as normal. I did add in some direct abdominal work. It all felt good. Movement is medicine. The OS Reset really makes me feel great. The ab work is hard but will be worth it in the long run. Total prep time 24:04.

Simple and Sinister as normal. This is my fourth time using this set and weight scheme Three more times and I'll do increase the sets of one hand swings and up the weight on another set of get ups. Felt strong all the way through. Plenty of power for all swings with good form. Get ups were pretty easy. But I'll be patient. Total kettlebell time 20:28.

I got in 9532 steps yesterday. I've been on a steady progression upwards with regard to steps all week. I'm already over 9448 steps today and I'll be up for at least another 3.5 hours. BTW, my glutes and hamstrings are sore.

3 comments:

  1. How do you keep track of all these? I guess posting them here does that, but perhaps you have a log you use so you can keep your plan on course? I'm in need of motivation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my training log. Before a new session I just glance back to what I did the session or two before. I have a goal in mind, the simple goal for Pavel Tsatsouline's Kettlebell Siimple and Sinister.

    100 one hand swings with a 32kg kettlebell in 5 minutes or under.
    1 minute break
    10 turkish get ups with a 32kg kettlebell in 10 minutes.

    Alternate hands every 10 swings, so 10 L, 10 R etc = 50 swings per arm.

    Alternate hands every get up, so get up holding bell in left hand, get holding bell in right hand = 5 get ups per side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And from the book

    "Just bang out 100 daily swings and ten get-ups like brushing your teeth. All of your attention is on technique and power, and zero brain cells need to be involved in analyzing the workout and planning how to change it." Pavel Tsatsouline in Kettlebell Simple and Sinister

    ReplyDelete

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.