Thursday, May 2, 2019

Barefoot Kettlebell Practice

I should have trained yesterday. I was tired and took a nap after work. Training is only as effective as your rest, recovery and nutrition.

Movement Prep Giant Sets
  1. Assisted Squats 3x5
  2. Hip Bridge(Raise) 3x5 
  3. Kettlebell Halo 3x5 per direction 35lbs.
6/10 Simple and Sinister
  • One Hand Swings 6x10x16kg
  • Get Ups 6x1x16kg
As I was walking around outside I talked myself up to get my training in. I was thinking I might skip the movement prep and just jump right into the kettlebell practice. However, I kicked off my FiveFingers, got barefoot and did do the prep. Felt good and took 10:32.

Swings were good. Getting easier and in a little better shape, not quite as winded. Get up were a bit challenging with my left up and forward in the lunge position. My hip flexors on that side are tight and sore. Caught myself letting my "posting" shoulder slump a bit, otherwise good form I think. One more thing to be extra mindful of is to alignment in the windmill position. Total time 16:01.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.