Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Wow! Two Years without a Post!

I'm not going to write about workouts this time but my job. For the last 23 years I've been a programmer and sysadmin. The last few years with no conscious decision on my part I became a team lead, a manager and now a senior manager. What I do now is not what I got into computers for. I'm not enjoying and the demands of my job leave little time to do the things I enjoyed, writing code and running servers (servers being shorthand for servers, networks, storage, websites, mail, dns, etc.). I also feel like my skills have atrophied.

So, to get my skills back in line I'm going to work on a few little projects. The first will be to choose a static website generator and host a simple website in AWS S3. I'm going to document what I do here. Maybe this little journey will lead me back to being an individual contributor or embark on the consulting path. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.