Sunday, November 3, 2013

Three Workouts on Schedule

I did my third workout on schedule! Well almost. I didn't get started until after 0900 even though I took advantage of the time change to get up at 0530 instead of sleeping in an extra hour and getting up at my normal time of 0615 or so. I would really like to get to the place of being able to workout before going to work. I did this workout outside, barefoot and shirtless again like my friend, Steve Cooksey!


  1. Two-legged Glute Activation Raises 1 x 20
  2. Flying Dogs 1 x 15 per side, alternating
  3. Kettlebell Swings
    • Point A 5 x 12.5 lb. t-bar homemade kettlebell
    • Point B 5 x 12.5 lb. t-bar homemade kettlebell
    • Swings 5 x 12.5 lb. t-bar homemade kettlebell
    • Swings 30, 30 x 17.5 lb t-bar homemade kettlebell
  4. Turkish Get Ups (TGU)
    • Weak ( left ) Side x 5 x 5 lb. dumbbell
    • Strong ( right ) Side x 5 x 5 lb. dumbbell
    • Weak  Side x 5 x 5 lb. dumbbell
    • Strong ( right ) Side x 5 x 5 lb. dumbbell
  5. Myotatic Crunch 1x5
  6. Cat Vomit Exercise (CVE) 1x5 reps
This workout took about 34.5 minutes. Early on in the workout I went back in the house to get a hand band to hold my hair out of my face. I also took a minute to switch out batteries in the battery charger. That probably added about 2 or 2.5 minutes to the workout.

I kept my focus on the swings, kept my core tight. One Tuesday I'll go for 35 reps in each of my two working sets of kettlebell swings. The TGU are getting easier. I think on Tuesday I'll add one more set of "weak" side TGU. I moved slowly and squeezed my abs hard during the myotatic crunches. I kept breaks between reps of the CVE to 5 secs and really focused on exhaling forcefully and trying to pull my belly button through my spine. Great overall workout.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I know that exercising regularly will make me feel better in the long run. But right now I just hurt. My arthritic hip joints and to a lesser extent my arthritic lower back are really making moving around SUCK this afternoon. But despite that I'm almost at 10K steps for the day.

    ReplyDelete

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.