Saturday, May 4, 2019

Another Barefoot and Shirtless Kettlebell Session

Trained on schedule, as in only one day off since last session. This is my sixth session since I started this program on 20 April 2019. Should have been my 7th. On Monday I'm going to try to do my swings in 3 minutes or less and my get ups in 6 minutes or less. Today I trained fasted, barefoot and shirtless in the nice sunshine. It's already 84°F!

Movement Prep Giant Sets
  1. Assisted Squats 3x5
  2. Hip Bridge(Raise) 3x5 
  3. Kettlebell Halo 3x5 per direction 35lbs.
6/10 Simple and Sinister
  • One Hand Swings 6x10x16kg
  • Get Ups 6x1x16kg
Hardstyle Plank 1x30 seconds

Cool Down Stretching Giant Sets
  • 90/90 Stretch 3x30 seconds per side
  • QL Straddle Stretch 3x30 seconds per side
Less assistance on my squats. I hang out in the bottom for about 5 seconds per rep. Really focused on getting hips high on bridges. Did halo in tall kneeling position. Warm up took 10:39,

Swings went well. Starting to feel light but I'm not going to go up in weight until I'm doing the full ten sets of swings and get ups in the prescribed 5 minutes and 10 minutes respectively. Get ups felt good, too. Left hip felt better today than Thursday. Focused on keeping the elbow of the arm holding the kettlebell straight at all times. Other focus points opening hips and staying square. S&S took 16:00.

After S&S I did 1 set of the hardstyle plank for as long as I could, 30 seconds. Added in the recommended cool down stretching. I really need to work on opening my hips and stretching out my hamstrings. The abs and flexibility/mobility of my lower body are weak points. Total time 9:17.



No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.