Monday, May 27, 2019

Sunday Test Day

Saturday we had a family work day at my father-in-law's house in Aiken, SC. It was the hottest day
of the year to that point! Did lots of outdoor work.  Expected to be sore and tired on Sunday, but I wasn't! I chalk that up to the last month of Simple and Sinister training on average every other day. Since I wasn't sore or tired I went forward with my planned test: 80 one handed swings in 4 minutes or less, 1 minute break, 8 get ups in 8 minutes or less.

Movement Prep Giant Sets
  1. Assisted Squats 3x5
  2. Hip Bridge(Raise) 3x5 
  3. Kettlebell Halo 3x5 per direction 35lbs.
Plank 30 secs, 15 secs, 15 secs

8/10 Simple and Sinister
  • One Hand Swings 8x10x16kg
  • Get Ups 8x1x16kg
Cool Down Stretching Super Sets
  • 90/90 Stretch 3x30 seconds per side
  • QL Straddle Stretch 3x30 seconds per side
Movement prep went fine. Got deep in the squats and held it. All the rest was fine. I still need to practice planks more often so I can get to a minute straight with ease. Total prep time 14:31.

On to the test. I used the 16kg kettlebell throughout. I did the swings 15 seconds on, 15 seconds off. It was HARD! I got it done though, 4 minutes 80 swings. One minute rest. Then 8 get ups in less than 8 minutes. Total time 12:47.  I was pretty well smoked after that. Plus it was HOT!

Did my normal cool down stretches. They felt good and took 7:56. Tomorrow I'm going to retest the Grunt Work session I did a couple of weeks ago, deadlifts and farmers carries.  I'll use the 20kg kettlebells again. Last time I completed 12 rounds. Wish me luck for a better score.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.