Sunday, May 5, 2019

Slow One Hour Walk

For now I'm practicing Kettlebell Simple and Sinister every other day. So, on the days I'm not practicing kettlebells I am going to take a longish walk. I've not been doing such walks as of late, just lots of short walks every hour from 0700 to 2100.

Today I set out for a 2 mile walk. I thought I would finish in about 40-45 minutes. It took me an hour. My cardiovascular conditioning was not the limiting factor, but rather my hip and back. After about 35-40 minutes of my walk, my speed fell off precipitously as I had to pause often to stretch my hips and back.

I think I'll limit myself to 40 minutes maximum walking time for a while and see how my hip and back do. It was challenging to get home today. It might be better to just go out for 10 minutes and back 10 minutes, twice so I'm not too far from home if my hip and back give me trouble. I'll try that on Tuesday. BTW, I did my walk in a fasted state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.