Monday, August 20, 2012

Two Days in a Row

My planned workout for today was a Prasara Yoga recovery flow from the Bodyweight Blueprint for Fat Loss. It is only eleven minutes long but my body feels well stretched out and invigorated. This is an especially good feeling after sitting at my computer working all morning.

My mix and match fitness routine for the next three weeks will look like the following:

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
Couch to 5K (C25K) Prasara Yoga Recovery Flow (PYRF) Primal Blueprint Fitness Lift Heavy Things (PBFLHT) Intu-Flow Recovery (IFR) C25K PYRF PBFLHT
IFR C25K PYRF PBF Sprints and KettleBell Swings (PBFS&KBS) IFR C25K PYRF
PBFLHT IFR C25K PYRF PBFLHT IFR C25K
PYRF PBFS&KBS IFR C25K PYRF PBFLHT IFR


My body doesn't seem to be recovering as quickly in my forties as it did in my twenties or even thirties. Thus I have stretched a complete workout cycle out over twelve days rather than the more traditional seven days. I'll also throw in some walking and swimming in an un-programmed fashion since as long as I don't push hard in either of those activities it is unlikely to interfere with my recovery.

After two or three cycles in this fashion I should be able to compress this schedule somewhat. Then again, it might work so well I don't need to shorten it. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.