Thursday, September 20, 2012

20120920 Sprints and Kettlebell Swings

Normal running warm up consisting of Intu-Flow and FitSugar active running warm up. I did the Intu-Flow at home then drove to a soccer field for the sprints. Once at the field I did the running specific warm up along with a few extra leg swings and calf raises.


Before getting into the real work I continued warming up with

Stride 50M ( 50% or less of top speed ) six times alternated with
Walking 50M to recover

Completely warmed up now with a light sweat and slightly elevated respiration and pulse. Time to work!

Sprint 50M ( 75% of top speed ) six times alternated with
Walking 150M to recover

Probably ran more like 65M each time. I started each interval with a 10M slow jog then turned up the speed for 50M and of course I couldn't stop dead after the 50M but had to slow down.

Then I did kettlebell swings. Remembering how I over did it before and missed ten days of workouts, I kept the weight at only 20lbs. I did some 5 warm up reps from points A and B, and then 5 swings. I did two work sets of 25 reps each. I was tempted to do a third set but decided not to push too much. Drove home and cooled down with some Prasara Yoga.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.