Sunday, September 16, 2012

20120915-20120916 Prasara Yoga and Lift Heavy Things

Yesterday I did a Prasara Yoga recovery routine. I followed that up with an hour and three quarters of yard work cutting the back yard with a gas powered but human propelled push lawn mower.

Today's workout began with an eight and a half minute Intu-Flow warmup routine from The Bodyweight Blueprint for Fat Loss. I followed that with the following giant set warm up as I need to be particularly careful to get fully warmed up and loosened up before tackling any real work. I did two sets of five reps each. The brief warm up giant set came from Turbulence Training.
  • Lying Hip Extensions
  • Knee Push Ups
  • Stability Ball Leg Curls
I then did two circuits of the following exercise which are from the Primal Blueprint Fitness Lift Heavy Things program. I rested for thirty to sixty seconds between exercises.


  1. Knee Push Ups 22, 16
  2. 2 Leg Assisted Pull Ups 17, 17
  3. Assisted Squats 30, 30
  4. Elevated Jack Knife 20, 17
  5. Knee-Hand Plank & Side Planks 55-30R-30L, 50-30R-30L (seconds)

Total calisthenics workout time including warm up giant sets was thirty and a half minutes.  I improved at least a little bit on every exercise. The most disappointing exercise is planks. The limiting factor in that exercise is my right shoulder. After the push ups, pull ups and jack knives my right shoulder really feels beat up and weak. Got to work on that. I had hoped that the all in the Intu-Flow and Yoga would be helping with that. I must be patient. And as usual I finished with a fourteen minute  Prasara Yoga cool down routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.