Saturday, March 25, 2017

The Best Intentions

Last time I worked out I was getting over what felt like a mild case of the flu. But I got back at it too soon and really got the flu. It has taken me a month to really feel like training again. Today I intended to do my normal warm up and then Simple and Sinister.

But first I needed to sweep out the carport. By the time I finished that simple task my hip was hurting. I decided to just do my performance preparation then decide whether I should continue with my kettlebell practice or not.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side 
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ arms then legs
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1

Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 25 lbs.

After I finished the above prep my hip was still hurting, maybe even a little more than before I began warming up. So, discretion being the better part of valor, I did not go forward with the kettlebell practice. I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.