Monday, February 20, 2017

Midday Training

Got started late today. Didn't have to work so it was fine. It is super warm, 73F, for February 20th. After I finished crawling I took off my sweat pants, sock and shoes. I just put on sweatpants on warm days because crawling in the grass bare legged makes my legs itch now. I guess we all change as we age.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side 
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ arms then legs
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1

2 Tri-sets of the following, 5 reps each
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 25 lbs.

Simple and Sinister
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings R, L x 10 x 35 lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings R, L, R, L, R, L x 10 x 44 lbs
  • One Hand Kettlebell Swings R, L x 10 x 35 lbs
  • Turkish Get Ups R, L, R, L x 1 x 35 lbs
  • Turkish Get Ups R, L, R, L x 1 x 44 lbs L, R
  • Turkish Get Ups R, L x 1 x 35 lbs L, R
Added a couple of moves into performance preparation. Tacked on some squats and hip bridges after the kettlebell halo which is pretty much the prescribed warm up in Kettlebell Simple and Sinister. Felt good all around. Total prep time 23:53.

On to the main kettlebell work. Same sets and reps as yesterday. On the next to last rep of the seventh set swings I lost focus, let me torso get loose and felt a weird sort'a wrench and popping sensation in my mid-back. Wasn't really painful just weird. Made me re-focus and tighten back up for sure.

Getups were good. Felt stronger and more fluid holding the bell in my right hand, even with the 44 lb bell. I'll stay with this same sets, reps and weights combination for a few more days and get really solid before increasing the number of getups sets with the 44. Total kettlebell time 20:37. Only got in 6,821 steps yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.