Monday, July 2, 2018

Fresh Start for July

I hit my target weight for June! In fact I got below the target of 245 lbs. to 244.4 lbs. on 30 June 2018. Ate a bunch of carbs and shot back up to 247.0 lbs. the next day. But that's okay. Daily fluctuations are to be expected.

Today I got outside and did an Original Strength Reset  variation as warm up and then did over head presses according to week one of Dan John's One Lift a Day Program.

OS Reset

  • Cross Crawl 20 per side
  • Deep Breathing 2 minutes
  • Nod 20 reps
  • Roll 3 x right and left leading w/ arms
  • Roll 3 x right and left leading w/ legs
  • Rock x 20
  • Baby Crawl x 2 minutes
  • Unloaded Turkish Get Up 2 per side
Weights
  • Over Head Press
    • 1 x 5 x 65 lbs.
    • 1 x 5 x 85 lbs.
    • 1 x 5 x 95 lbs.
    • 1 x 5 x 115 lbs.
    • 1 x 5 x 95 lbs.
    • 1 x 5 x 115 lbs.
    • 1 x 5 x 115 lbs.
  • Farmer Carries
    • 2 x 200 steps x 70 lbs. 
This felt good. Amazing how hard it is to crawl for two straight minutes after not doing it for such a long time. I had to do a bit of a push press w/ the final couple of reps on the last two sets of over head presses. The rest were pretty strict. Also, I cleaned the weight from the floor for each sets. The carries were done with kettlebells. I walked 200 steps holding a 35 lb. kettlebell in each hand, followed by 200 steps with no weight. Repeated a second time. OS Reset was 12 minutes and 47 seconds.  I took about 2 minutes rest between sets of presses. Presses and carries took 30 minutes. So, if I'm going to keep with this plan I'll need to set aside an hour a day or so for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.