Thursday, October 4, 2012

20121004 Lift Heavy Things


Today's workout began with nine minute Intu-Flow warmup routine from The Bodyweight Blueprint for Fat Loss. I followed that with the following giant set warm up as I need to be particularly careful to get fully warmed up and loosened up before tackling any real work. I did two sets of five reps each. The brief warm up giant set came from Turbulence Training.
  • Lying Hip Extensions
  • Knee Push Ups
  • Stability Ball Leg Curls
I then did two circuits of the following exercise which are from the Primal Blueprint Fitness Lift Heavy Things program. I rested for thirty to sixty seconds between exercises.


  1. Knee Push Ups 26, 20
  2. 2 Leg Assisted Pull Ups 20, 20
  3. Assisted Squats 40, 40
  4. Elevated Jack Knife 25, 25
  5. Knee-Hand Plank & Side Planks 60-35R-35L,  60-39L-40R (seconds)
Total time on calisthenics was thirty-four minutes but I again I increased my reps, or time in the case of planks, on each exercise. Push ups were a little better. I still had to take  two quick arm shaking breaks to make it threw my sets. Pull ups only one break per set at 15 rep mark. Squats great improvement. Forty reps per set no leg shaking, just brief pause at the top a couple of times, like 1 or 2 seconds max.

Elevated jack knives first set paused at 20 reps to shake arms and hands out before banging out the last five reps. Second set paused at 19 reps.Planks I equaled my times on the first set. Second set I improved my side plank times by 4 seconds on the left side and 5 seconds on the right side. Now to cool down with some Prasara Yoga. Eighteen minutes total, forty seconds per pose. Slowly getting more flexible. Tomorrow is C25K Week Three Day Three.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.