Sunday, October 20, 2013

Tired of Starting Over Then DO NOT QUIT

So, I haven't worked out again for seventeen days, not since I tweaked my back working out when I was in Atlanta for DevOpsDays. I've seen the slogan which is the title of this post on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and elsewhere on the internet. I need to make it my motto. I keep beginning workout plans and stopping, beginning to eat more healthily and stopping. I've got to get in a groove and stay in it.

Fellow sysadmin and online acquaintance @magurski inspired me with his weight loss tweet:

lost 2.4 lbs since his last weigh-in! Magurski's lost 61.8 lbs so far. #myfitnesspal - Michael A. Gurski (@magurski) October 19, 2013
My wife and sons left a couple of hours ago to ride their bikes on the Swamp Rabbit Trail. I still don't have a bike and my hip has still been bothering me so I decided not to go along. I could have rented a bike, but again you wouldn't believe how uncomfortable riding a bike with an irritated hip socket can be.

Therefore I took a page out of another of my online, Steve the Diabetes Warrior, acquaintance's play books and got my workout in outdoors, barefoot and shirtless. Again, I did a light, brief routine to get myself back in the groove hopefully without hurting anything or making myself too sore.

  1. Two-legged Glute Activation Raises 1 x 15
  2. Flying Dogs 1 x 15 per side, alternating
  3. Kettlebell Swings
    • Point A 5 x 12.5 lb. t-bar homemade kettlebell
    • Point B 5 x 12.5 lb. t-bar homemade kettlebell
    • Swings 5 x 12.5 lb. t-bar homemade kettlebell
    • Swings 30, 30 x 17.5 lb t-bar homemade kettlebell
  4. Turkish Get Ups
    • Strong ( right ) Side x 5 x 5 lb. dumbbell
    • Weak ( left ) Side x 5 x 5 lb. dumbbell
    • Strong ( right ) Side x 5 x 5 lb. dumbbell
    • Weak ( left ) Side x 5 x 5 lb. dumbbell
  5. Myotatic Crunch 1x5
  6. Cat Vomit Exercise 5 reps
I finished this routine in thirty-two minutes. I focused on keeping my core tight during the kettlebell swings so as not to repeat the back tweaking, injury. I need to slow down on the myotatic crunches and hold at the top position for a few seconds. The TGUs really had my heart pounding and my lungs working like a bellows. Rising from a supine position to standing and then returning to a supine position repeatedly can be quite a workout even with a light weight. Next workout on Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.