Sunday, August 23, 2015

A Week Later and Another Kettlebell Session

So, it was another rough week at work. I did't sleep well most of the week and didn't get up early to train. I also worked late nearly every day and didn't train in the evening, Excuses, excuses...blah, blah, blah. As a result it has been a week since my last kettlebell session.

I started out this weekend better with a Sorta' 5K yesterday and kettlbells today. I will do kettlebell training Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday this week. I will get in walks on Monday, Wednesday and Friday along with resuming the corrective exercises I was given as a result of my Functional Movement Screening. I'll do the FMS stuff on walking days. I would really like to resume the Couch to 5K program but I don't want to overload myself. Anyway, on to today's training.

Warm up walk 0.50 miles in 10:15 for an average of 2.9 mph.

Warm up calisthenic circuits 5 reps per exercise,  (per side or direction if a unilateral type exercise) 11:55 minutes.


The Practice
Since I haven't gotten back into my regular thrice weekly kettlebell training I'm still stick with Tracy Reifkind's Workout One along with the addition of Turkish get ups. I motored through the swings without too much difficulty. Last session my kettlebell time was 27 minutes, this time 29 minutes. Not sure where the extra two minutes crept in as I only rested about 1.5 minutes in between the end of swings and the beginning of getups. But it was still less than 30 minutes so it was all good.

BTW, my feet, legs and glutes are kinda' sore after the speedy walking I did yesterday. This is because I haven't been doing that much walking either. Got to get back on the ball. At least my weight hasn't gone up. I weighed in at an even 250 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.