Saturday, August 15, 2015

First Training Session Since Vacation

Wow! This is my first training session since returning from vacation three weeks ago. It has been 22 days since my last workout. What threw me off track? I can't even tell you. One piece of good news is that I've still within about 5 pounds of what I weighed before going on vacation even with not exercising.

Warm up walk 10:20 minutes for 0.58 miles and an average speed of 3.4 mph.

Warm up calisthenic circuits 5 reps per exercise,  (per side or direction if a unilateral type exercise) 13:08 minutes.
The Practice


This was a pretty good return to my kettlebell practice. A nice sunny day, not to hot or humid with a breeze. It is only 87°F and feels like 86°F due to 40% humidity. Much nicer outdoor training conditions than the 102°F heat index at the beach. Maybe training 20 sets of swings and 10 sets of get ups in those conditions is what put my off my practice. I thought the heat and humidity at home in Greenville had conditioned me for that but maybe not.

Anyway, I did Tracy Reifkind's Workout #1 staying at 10 reps per set of kettlebell swings followed by 6 sets of turkish get ups per side. I worked up a sweat, got a little out of breath. I only rested about 1.5 minutes between the swings and the get ups which is good. I think I'll repeat the swings as is and add two sets up get ups on Monday. BTW, following the swings with get ups is a concept I got from Pavel Tsatsouline's Kettlebell Simple and Sinister.

Also, I would like to dedicate this workout session to a football teammate and friend from high school Derrick Leflore. Derrick lost an incredible amount of weight, over 100 pounds. However, he nearly waited to long to do it. He's had serious health complications, heart issues and issues related to diabetes. He recently had to have eye surgery due to complications from diabetes. Derrick I'm wishing you a speedy recovery. Don't give up the fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.