Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Half Simple and Sinister

After our trip to Virginia last month, and my last real training session, my hip was so sore for the entire following week that I did nothing other than some mobility stuff in the mornings. Frankly, I was really scared by the pain. I really didn't want to go into that feeling and so I just avoided working out. I got up and put my workout clothes on each of the last 3 days and just got myself to do a workout today.

Warmed up with an Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side 
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 3 reps left and right first leading w/ arms then legs
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Simple and Sinister
Felt good. My hip was a little sore when I finished. And then we had to drive to Charlotte, NC and back to pick up my eldest son from the airport. Now my hip hurts more but not nearly as badly as after the Virginia trip. The swings were easy, I could probably use my 53 lb. bell. I surprised myself with the get ups at 44 lbs., they were easier than I expected. All in all a good session. I'm glad I cut the total sets of swings in half and the sets of get ups by 40%. Hopefully I'll be able to train again tomorrow before work. Got my goal number of steps, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.