Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Isle of Palms 80 Percent Simple and Sinister

This is my third day of training in a row. Feels great to get in rhythm. Let's see how long I can keep it up. Hopefully by waving my volume 100% -60%-80% then repeat I can string together more than 3 or 4 days in a row. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Warmed up with an Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side 
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ arms then legs
  • Rocking - 30 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes

Simple and Sinister
Finisher
  •  Waiter-Rack-Suitcase Carry with 44 lb Kettlebell 1 minute each hand
  • Mountain
  • Extended Arms Mountain
  • Half Forward Bend
  • High Push Up Position
  • Locust
  • Downward Dog
  • Half Forward Bend
  • Mountain
Started out with my normal Original Strength reset work. Everything was pretty normal. An elderly lady who was out walking stopped me while I was crawling and asked me what muscles I was working. I said shoulders and hips, but it works more...all the core stabilizers for instance. Warm up time 14:11.

On to the kettlebell practice. I decided to throw in a couple of sets of one hand swings in the middle of my planned 8 sets of swings. Worked out well. Felt good. I lost my footing in the sand on one of my getups, stumbled to my left with the weight in my right hand but was able to recover w/o falling, dropping the bell or injuring myself. Got done in about 17 minutes. 

I took a two minute break followed by a little loaded carrying. I went down the beach in a waiter walk, bell held in same position as at the top of a get up. I can't yet carry the 44 in the bottoms up position. Transitioned to rack carry and suitcase carry all with left hand. I made it for a total of about 1 minute. Did the same series back to my starting point in one minute. Didn't want to do to much so stopped with that. Total kettlebell time 22:28.

I did a cool down today, a yoga flow. I did the flow 3 times. I need to make sure I'm doing all I can in the flexibility and mobility departments. I really, really do not want to get a hip replacement! And then right into the ocean to cool off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.