Monday, July 24, 2017

Raining 60 Percent Simple and Sinister

Got up reasonably early today. It was cloudy. Had a couple or three cups of coffee, did my 5 minutes of morning mobility. Gathered my stuff to walk over to the beach, including my kettlebell, and it started raining. Boo! But I needed to get in my training, so I just went under the house and worked out there.

Brian Friedman's: Kettlebell Technique Yoga Flow

  • Mountain
  • Extended Arms Mountain
  • Half Forward Bend
  • High Push Up Position
  • Locust
  • Downward Dog
  • Half Forward Bend
  • Mountain

Simple and Sinister
The floor underneath the house is concrete of course. I didn't want to crawl around on the concrete, so I did a yoga flow to warm up instead of an Original Strength Reset. It is good to mix up my warm up from time to time to make sure I'm hitting all my bodyparts slightly differently while making sure to address the specific areas I'll be training. I did three rounds of the flow, total time 09:52.

In the interest of not flaring up my hip too much and generally staying healthy I back off my sets from 10 to 6, thus the 60%. Felt pretty good. Didn't bring my yoga mat and didn't bother looking for anyone else's mat, just put a towel down to cushion my knees for the getups. I was sweating pretty heavily at the end, even with the reduced sets, due to the work and the heavy humidity. Total kettlebell time 13:47.

Got in a little more than 8K steps yesterday. Did some rolling on my big pvc pipe and extra stretching as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.