Sunday, July 9, 2017

Yesterday's 60 Percent Simple and Sinister

Yesterday, despite having written about it before, in the middle of my training session I realized I was doing just 50% of the swings required by Simple and Sinister while doing 60% of the getups. So, I upped the swings to 60% to match.

Warmed up with an Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side 
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 3 reps left and right first leading w/ arms then legs
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Simple and Sinister
Finisher
  • Waiter-Rack-Suitcase Carry with 44 lb Kettlebell
  • Farmer's Walk with 2 44 lb Kettlebells
Warm up was fine. I finished it in a quick 9:31. Not sure how I managed that! As noted above I realized mid-workout that I should do an extra set of swings. I didn't take the time to change the timer I had set up on my phone. I just did the extra set of 10 swings during the prescribed 1 minute of rest between swings and getups. So, I did the getups with about 15-20 seconds less rest than normal.

Even so, everything was fine. Finished S&S in about 12.5 minutes. Then after a little rest did some carries. Waiter's walk down the driveway, front rack carry up the driveway, suitcase carry down and back. Did left hand first, repeated the whole sequence with right hand. Then down and back farmer's walk, rest a bit, repeat. Total kettlebell time 26:23.  Got in my step goal, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.