Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Rainy Day Kettlebells

Well it rained most of the morning. I didn't make it down to the beach before the rain started. Sat around a while waiting for it to stop, but it didn't. So, I went under the beach house again for my kettlebell practice.

Brian Friedman's: Kettlebell Technique Yoga Flow
  • Mountain
  • Extended Arms Mountain
  • Half Forward Bend
  • High Push Up Position
  • Locust
  • Downward Dog
  • Half Forward Bend
  • Mountain

Simple and Sinister
Repeated Yoga Flow

Again, not being a fan of crawling on concrete I opted to warm up with Yoga like I did a couple of days ago. Three rounds of the flow got a gentle sweat going and elevated my heart rate a bit. Loosened things up a bit more. I had done my 5+ minutes of mobility several hours prior, so I was nicely loose already but I always try to warm up prior to my kettlebell practice to stave off further injuries. Total warm up time 10:49.

On to the kettlebells. My left hip and the outside of my left knee twinged a bit during initial sets of swings. I got my foot position right and gripped the floor with my toes and that alleviated the hip and knee pain. I was breathing hard and sweating profusely when I finished my swings. I did them all two handed today.

The get ups were solid. No wavering and stumbling. Easier to do them on a flat, stable surface rather than a slightly sloped beach with sand shifting underfoot. The heat and humidity slowed me down a bit though, total kettlebell time was 22:01, a minute over my allotted 21 minutes. I lost that minute in the get ups, but I don't have to hit the time goals every attempt.

I cooled down with another three rounds of the yoga flow for kettlebells. Felt good. Got to make sure I'm mobile, flexible, stable and strong! The combination of kettlebells and yoga (and Original Strength) fits the bill. The cool down last 09:52, about a minute less than warm ups. I guess I was rushing a bit as I just wanted to be done and hit the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.