Sunday, June 15, 2014

Back to Basics Week Three Day One

Starting week three of my back to basics routine.

Intu-Flow Warm Up:

PLAN:

5 rounds with 90 seconds rest between rounds.

Assisted Chin-Ups 6, 4 (Australian), 5, 5 (Australian), 1 (Max Hang/Negative)
Push-Ups 10, 12, 7, 7, max (at least 9)
Air Squats 13, 16, 10, 10, max (at least 13)

ACTUAL:

5 rounds with 90 seconds rest between rounds.

Assisted Chin-Ups 6, 4 (AUS),5, 5 (AUS), 1 (Max Hang/Negative)
Push-Ups 10, 12, 7, 7, 9
Air Squats 13,16, 10, 10, 13

Time: 13:30

ABS:
  1. Myotatic Crunch 1 x 10
  2. Cat Vomit Exercise 1 x 10
Total Time: 24:00

Prasara Yoga cool down: 15:00

It took me a long time to get started on this workout, but I got it in. Feeling stronger on the assisted chin-ups and Australian pull-ups. The air squats really had me sucking wind. Actually I was huffing and puffing after each set of push-ups which only increased by the time I finished the squats.

Last time I did 21 total reps of chin/pull-ups same as this time but with different rep pattern. In my prior workout I did a total of 34 push-ups with a max set of 12 reps. Today I did 45 total push-ups with a max set of 9 and I barely got those 9 reps. I did 9 more reps total leading up to that max set so the fewer reps are expected.

I had similar results on the air squats. Last time I had 42 reps leading up to a max set of 18 reps for a total of 60 reps. Today I had 49 reps leading up to a max set of 13 reps and a total of 62 reps. Not as much of an increase in the total but I was really sucking wind. Need better cardiovascular fitness, but it is coming.

I've forgotten to note that I've been doing extra shoulder mobility movements prior to my Intu-flow warm ups. The prasara cool down makes me feel relaxed and energized after the high intensity calisthenics. BTW, I was able to keep my rest between rounds to 90 seconds for the first two rounds but had to bump it up to 2 minutes between rounds for the final 3 rounds. I also took 2 minutes before, between and after the ab exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.