Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Back to Basics Week Three Day Two

Starting week three of my back to basics routine.

Intu-Flow Warm Up:

PLAN:

5 rounds with 90 seconds rest between rounds.

Assisted Chin-Ups 6, 5 (Australian), 6, 5 (Australian), 1 (Max Hang/Negative)
Push-Ups 10, 12, 8, 8, max (at least 12)
Air Squats 13, 16, 11, 11, max (at least 16)

ACTUAL:

5 rounds with 90 seconds rest between rounds.

Assisted Chin-Ups 6, 5 (AUS), 6, 5 (AUS), 1 (Max Hang/Negative)
Push-Ups 10, 12, 8, 8, 12
Air Squats 13,16, 11, 11, 16

Time: 17:00

ABS:
  1. Myotatic Crunch 1 x 10
  2. Cat Vomit Exercise 1 x 10
Total Time: 26:12

Prasara Yoga cool down: 15:00

Again, I goofed off for a long time after I got home from work. Also, I got home late from work. But now that I'm done I feel great.

Twenty-three reps of chin-ups versus twenty-one last time. Did a little better on my max-hang/negative rep. In my prior workout I did a total of 45 push-ups with a max set of 9 reps. Today I did 50 total push-ups with a max set of 12. Actually, I only got 8 full, regular push-ups then I cranked out 4 more reps on my knees. The increased volume in the first four rounds really wiped me out for the max set.

I had similar results on the air squats. Last time I had 62 reps leading up to a max set of 13 reps for a total of 60 reps. Today I had 51 reps leading up to a max set of 16 reps and a total of 67 reps. I may have been able to do a few more better figured discretion was the better part of valor.

Forgot to do my extra shoulder mobility movements prior to my Intu-flow warm ups. REst between rounds was two minutes. I kinda lost track of time between the last round of calisthenics and the ab work. May have been 3 minutes. I also think my rest between one of the main rounds was a little longer than normal, too.

Big calorie burn, 724 calories! I also did one round of Neila Rey's Unplugged Workout at the office today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.