Monday, June 2, 2014

Long Shoulder Soreness Layoff

I haven't worked out regularly in nearly two months. Not only did I start a new job as noted in my last workout post, but I've been bothered by a nagging right shoulder injury. I've intentionally laid off upper body work in order to let my shoulder "cool off." I should have kept on doing lower body work, walking or running or something. Alas, I did not. Oh, I also adjusted the height of my chair at work and that seems to have helped the shoulder, too, as my right hand is my mouse hand.

Intu-Flow Warm Up: 9 Minutes

PLAN

Assisted Chin Ups 5 x 3, 4, 3, 1 negative, 1 max hang & negative
Push Ups 5 x 2, 3, 2, 2, max (at least 3)
Squats 5 x 3, 4, 3, 3, max (at least 5)

ACTUAL

Assisted Chin Ups 5 x 3, 4, 3, 1, 1
Push Ups 5 x 2, 3, 2, 2, 5
Squats 5 x 3, 4, 3, 3, 7

Time 11:47

Prasara Yoga cool down: 15:00

I forgot to do my Six Minute Abs routine. But that was actually a good thing because by the time I finished I barely had time to shower and get dressed for our day trip to Atlanta.

I started this post on Saturday 31 May 2014 but didn't finish it. In the interim I did have soreness in right shoulder. Amazingly yesterday, Sunday 1 June 2014, my thighs were a bit sore despite the extremely low volume of work. The same is true for my back. I'm still a little sore today but I won't let that stop me from getting my scaled down workout in today. And I won't forget my ab work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.