Wednesday, February 25, 2015

What Is Your Excuse

What is your excuse? It's too cold? It's snowing? You can't afford a gym membership? You can't afford fancy equipment? It's dark? It's too late in the day?


Well tonight in Greenville, SC it is 32°F and feels like 25°F. It is snowing.  I don't have a gym membership. I don't have fancy equipment just some kettlebells and a yoga mat. It is dark. I didn't get home from work until 1930 hours or so. But I got my workout in. What's your excuse.

Warm Up Circuit 3 circuits 5 reps each

The Practice
I knocked it out in about 38 minutes. My workout timer, Noom Coach,  showed 43 minutes but in the midst of my training it froze and my smartphone rebooted. After waiting for it I had to start Noom and start up my music again. All of that was about 5 minutes.

I felt good despite it being cold, I just layered up. I felt good despite snow blowing in my face. I kept my form tight on the swings. I think in the fourth set my mind wandered a bit. I started thinking about work stuff. I let it go and re-focused on my training.

I got a rep on the TGUs that felt the best I had ever done. I think it was in the third set. Then my last rep in the 5th set was one of the worst I had ever done. So it goes. That is what training is all about. 
Oh, I also got in a walk at lunch, 1.51 miles in 32 minutes. That was about 2.8 mph. I would like to get up to a consistent 3 mph.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.