Thursday, March 26, 2015

Kettlebell Swings Waving Reps

So, I figured I still wasn't quite ready for Tracy Reifkind's complete Workout #2. I decided to take a bit of her advice and wave up and down on the reps in the last group of 5 sets.

Warm Up walk 12:25 minutes, 0.56 miles. That's 2.7 mph.

Warm Up Circuit 3 circuits 5 reps each
The Practice
Cool down walk 22:03 minutes, 0.87 miles. That was 2.4 mph.

All of the sets of swings were done every minute on the minute. As you can see above I did the normal first five sets at 10 reps each. Then in the second group of 5 sets I added one rep each set. Last time in the final group of 5 sets I only did 10 reps per set, 50 reps. This time I waved the reps 8, 15, 8,15,10 for 56 reps total. Total reps last training session was 165 in 15 minutes, this session 171 reps in 15 minutes. That makes for higher intensity, if only slightly. The goal is to get to 5x15 reps in the last group of 5 sets.

I took about a two minute break and then got on with the get ups.  I finished them in roughly another 10 minutes. That made for a total time of 29 minutes one minute less than last time. Again, more work in less time. Cooled down with another relatively short and slow walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.