Saturday, March 14, 2015

Tried to Move on to Tracy Reifkind Kettlebell Workout Two

I tried to move on to Tracy Reifkind's Kettlebell Workout #2. But I wasn't quite ready. But let me put down the details and then I'll talk about my performance.

Warm Up

Walking 13:31 minutes, 0.55 miles. Pretty darn slow.

Warm Up Circuit 3 circuits 5 reps each
The Practice
Finishing Walk 27:40 minutes, 1.25 miles.

OK, so those are the details. I had no idea I was walking so slowly in my warm up. Oh well. I followed that walk with my normal warm up circuit and felt good. The deep squats even felt good during the 2nd and third circuits. The warm up circuit was also slow clocking in at 13::29 minutes.

I started the main part of the session with 5 sets of 10 reps of two handed swings with a 35# kettlebell. That felt easy enough that I decided to progress to TracyRif's workout 2 like I mentioned earlier. That called for adding one rep per set for sets 6-10 and then staying at 15 reps a set for sets 11-15. You can see the progression above. However, I felt too winded and dropped back to 10 reps per set for sets 11-15. Oh, and let me note that the swings are done every minute on the minute for 15 minutes.

By the time I finished that 10th set I was too winded to stay at 15 reps. I heeded Tracy's advice and dropped back down to 10 reps for the remainder of my swing training. I then went on to do my Turkish Get Ups. The 25# bell feels light but my form is not perfect on each rep so I'll stick with it for a few more sessions. Total kettlebell time 30:37 minutes. I finished up with a longer, speedier walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.