Thursday, March 5, 2015

Five Days Later More Higher Volume Kettlebell Training

I didn't mean to take five days off. But I was traveling on Monday, my next scheduled day of training, from Greenville, South Carolina to Salt Lake City, Utah for #SaltConf15 hosted by SaltStack, Inc. I got in late Monday and was too tired from the time zone change and travel to workout on Tuesday. Was still jet lagged on Wednesday. Plus I was sleeping terribly. Finally got it in today in time to go home tomorrow. Well one workout is better than none.

First I walked on a treadmill for 10 minutes. Then went into my normal warmup and my new normal training.

Warm Up Circuit 3 circuits 5 reps each
The Practice
I tried to use Tracy Reifkind's video for the swings so I could stay on pace but the wifi connection in the hotel fitness facility wasn't up to the job. So, I used a timer on my phone to do 15 seconds of work alternated with 45 seconds of rest for the swings as depicted in Tracy's video. Then my phone crapped out at about 6 sets and rebooted itself. So, I got a longer than normal rest period. I think I probably did more sets than planned maybe 16 or 17, but I'll only claim 15.

Then on to the Turkish Get Ups. I think I can probably up the weight on these. I finished the getups in about 10:20. Maybe I'll wait a until I've got three or four straight planned workouts in the bank before I jump the weight though just to make sure I own the current routine. I was going to do a 20 minute walk on the treadmill at the end, but I need to get showered and dressed for this mornings conference sessions.  Total kettlebell time about 25:20.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.