Saturday, March 7, 2015

Lovely Spring-ish Day for Kettlebell Training

Got back from SaltConf15 yesterday. All the exercise I got yesterday was walking through airports and a couple of microsets (5 reps) of pushups in the airports. Today is a beautiful, sunny 62°F. A wonderful day to do kettlebell training outside.

Warm up walk 12:48 minutes, 0.83 miles.

Warm Up Circuit 3 circuits 5 reps each
The Practice
Finished up with a 27:08 minute, 1.09 mile walk. 

I tell you what, it seems like 10 kettlebell swings every minute on the minute for 15 minutes would be easy. But even with a relatively light kettlebell, 35 pounds, it is CRAZY work. By the 12th or 13th set I was really feeling the fatigue, especially in my lower back. Not pain, just the fatigue of worked muscles. But I kept going, kept my reps at 10 and finished the 15 sets. I was thinking about the crazy numbers of swings, for example 500 reps with 88 lbs. in 14 minutes, Bud Jeffries outlines in his book I Will Be Iron. It got me through.

Then I went on to do my Turkish Getups. I think I rested a little more than normal between the swings and the get ups. Nothing very revelatory to say about these except the 25# still feels light. I'll stick with it a few more workouts though to make sure. That's about it, the swings and getups took 32 minutes total. See y'all on the next training day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.