Monday, April 20, 2015

Soakin' Wet With Sweat!

I actually got up from my desk and took a walk outside today! It's been weeks. I've either convinced myself I was too busy, or too engaged or it was raining. No excuses today. I walked 1.69 miles in 35 minutes. That's not too shabby, 2.9 mph.

Came home after work and cooked dinner. Then I put on my workout clothes and headed out the door.

Warm Up

Walk 17:32, 0.55 miles for an average of 1.9 mph. This was kinda' bogus. I stopped for about 5 minutes talking to my neighbor in the middle of this walk but apparently my phone didn't detect the lack of movement and pause my walk tracking app. Grrrr....should have been more like 12 minutes or so. Then I followed on with my normal warm up circuit.

Circuit 3 circuits 5 reps each
The Practice
This was a good workout. I stuck to 10 reps every minute on the minute for 15 minutes. I think I'll keep with that set/rep pattern through Friday then start increasing reps again on Sunday or Monday. Even with only doing 150 reps I was still pretty winded and sweating profusely once I completed my swings. 

On to the Turkish Get Ups. By the end of the second set I was sweating so much that I had to stop and wipe the sweat out of my eyes. My right ankle was giving me a little pain. Felt tighter than normal, of course it's the one I tore up so badly that I couldn't go to West Point. All in all a good workout. I finished the warm up circuits in 11 minutes. I finished the kettlebell practice in 27 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.