Friday, April 3, 2015

Not My Best Kettlebell Training Day

I've been working my brain extremely hard the last couple of days writing computer programs and it really showed in my kettlebell training tonight. I just didn't have the mental energy to push as hard as I did last time. Well, enough set up, let's see what I really did.

Warm Up

Walk 14:06, 0.55 miles for an average of 2.3 mph.

Circuit 3 circuits 5 reps each
The Practice
Cool down walk 22:42 minutes, 0.9 miles for 2.4 mph.

The warm up circuit took 12:54 minutes. I could feel the lack of energy even in the warm up walk and circuits. But I didn't feel bad enough to stop. the first 5 sets of swings felt pretty good, good enough that I went on and increased reps in second 5 sets. I thought I might be able to at least duplicate my last session but my lower back was feeling tight and I only got 50 reps total in the last 5 sets. Last time I got 65 reps in those final 5 sets. So that's 165 reps instead of the 180 I total I did last time. Oh well. Hopefully I'll do better next go round.

I complete my 5 sets of 1 rep per side of Turkish Get Ups. My triceps in particular were burning after two sets. Once I was done my core was super tight. I finished the kettlebell training in 32 minutes. So that means much lower intensity, few reps overall in more time. I knew I had done less work, not to this level of detail, but still I knew. So, I made sure I got in my cool down walk which was pretty slow, too. All I can say is I got it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.