Friday, April 24, 2015

Eyes Burning and Feet Cramping

Once again I contemplated not doing my kettlebell trainging today but shortly before leaving work and on the way home I listened to an interview of Tracy Reifkind on the Real Word Fitness podcast. She is so enthusiastic, so committed that I just had to get my training on. I also listened to part of the Strength Matters podcast interview with Chris Duffin which was quite inspirational, too. Anyway on with the training.

Warm Up

Walk 16:15, 0.65 miles for an average of 2.4 mph.

Circuit 3 circuits 5 reps each
The Practice
So, before I started my warm up I was feeling sleepy and sluggish. I felt energized after my slow warm up walk. Was feeling a little down again during the calisthenic circuits but I persevered.  The swings felt good, really work me up and got me sweating profusely.

On to the Get Ups, this is where the eye burning came in. I was sweating so much that the sweat was running into my eyes and thus the burning. I think between the prying squats and the get ups my hips are getting a little more loose. I felt more fluid in the portion of the getup where you sweep the extended leg through as you move to a lunge position.

I do my training either barefoot or in my Vibram Five Fingers, which is the next best thing to barefoot. I find that when you're doing swings you really grip the ground with your feet to help maintain a stable position. I must have been gripping very hard today because I've been having cramps in my feet off and on since I finished training. Maybe an emphasis on fluid replacement, with some gatorade and extra water, will help alleviate the cramps and prevent them from spreading. Anyway, I feel good. It was a good session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.