Friday, April 17, 2015

After 2 Weeks Back to TRifs Workout One

Slack, slack, slack. Last week I was on call and had two bad nights which totally disrupted my sleep and training. Also, my right shoulder is just not up to snuff. I didn't even do any microsets of pushups this week in order to rest it. Anyway, I was feeling sluggish and kinda' depressed. I knew I needed to workout. It was a struggle to get started. But I got started.

Warm Up

Walk 15:00, 0.56 miles for an average of 2.2 mph.

Circuit 3 circuits 5 reps each
The Practice
I walked slowly through a light rain. I still wasn't feeling it after the walk. I sat down for a couple of minutes then told myself I would at least do my warmup circuits and if I didn't feel it after that I would stop. I still really didn't feel it after the circuits, but I said well just do the first 5 sets of swings of Tracy Reifkind's Workout One after that I could quit. 

Once I had knocked those out I decided to just keep on going and I felt reasonably good. I figured if I wasn't in to it after the swings I would skip the get ups. But I really did feel good after the swings and finished up with the get ups. But in deference to my shoulder I dropped the weight to 25 pounds. It felt really light but it was for the best. In fact even after two weeks off the 35# bell felt kinda light on the swings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.