Friday, July 10, 2015

An Hours Rest Then Late Evening Training

I hardly left my desk today. I did go to lunch, but not much else. Once again I didn't get home until 1900 hours. I decided to rest a bit. I stretched out in my bed, and listened to an episode of Half Size Me to help get me in the groove for exercise. I listened and dozed off and on then got up after a bit more than an hour and got busy!

Warm up walk 12:55 for 0.55 miles and an average speed of 2.5 mph.

Calisthenic Circuits 5 reps per exercise, 14:15 minutes.
Training

Worked my way up to 19 reps set in EMOM fashion. This was my second time doing Tracy Reifkind's workout #3 at this rep level. Twenty minutes of kettlebell swings is not easy, but I think it's getting easier. After all this is my sixth time doing a variation of this training session. After my 20th set I took my pulse and it was around 122 beats per minute which is about 72% of my max which is nicely in the cardio zone.

I ended up taking about a 3.5 minute rest before getting started with my get ups. I stuck with nine sets again. The 25# bell is really feeling light these days but I'm going to stick with it a while longer. I was wobbly in a couple of sets but not too bad. I could feel it and corrected my form. I finished the kettlebell training in 43:31 which was not better than last time. Next time I'm going to do the swings with max sets of 20 reps and I'll bump up my get ups to 10 sets.

By the way, it was still so hot and humid at 2000 hours that I took a fan out into the carport and directed it at my training area. This made me think it was cooler but I was still soaking wet with sweat when I was done even with the fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.