Thursday, July 2, 2015

Max Heart Rate Encounter

It rained again today and cooled things off but DAMN it was humid. I left work early and got home at 1630 or so but wasn't in frame of mind to immediately start training. Then my youngest son needed me to take him over to his gig cutting a yard. Once I got him there I figured I would have to go back and pick him up so I just chilled and listened to Half Size Me. Then he came waltzing in, the guy he helps brought him home.

Then the wife started doing some yard work, edging the front yard. My part of the job is to pick up the turf she chops out and sweep the sidewalks and drive way. I also transport the turf to the backyard where we're using it, glass clippings and leaves to fill in a low spot in the center of the yard. Finally at 1943 I started training.

Warm Up Walk 0.57 miles in 13:17 for average speed of 2.6 mph.

Calisthenic Circuits 13:13 minutes.
The Practice

  • Kettlebell Swings 5x10x35# Two Handed
  • Kettlebell Swings 5x11, 12, 13, 14, 15x35# Two Handed
  • Kettlebell Swings 5x16, 17, 18, 18, 18x35# Two Handed
  • Kettlebell Swings 5x18x35# Two Handed
  • Turkish Get Ups 8x1x25# (per side)

  • Everything was going just fine until set 17. Near the end of that set my heart was racing like it was going to pump right through my chest. I took a few extra seconds of rest before the 18th set but not enough cause I had to stop after only two reps. I walked around for at least a minute to allow my heart rate to drop back from the edge of my max heart rate. I completed the 18th set and then was able to finish the final two sets in normal fashion.

    On to the get ups. I got started after only 1.5 minutes of rest. The first couple of sets felt easy, the #25 kettlebell felt light. But about the 4th set my heart rate was creeping back up and that kettlebell started feeling heavier and heavier. I made it through all eight sets with good form. No wobbles. Total kettlebell time 37:21.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    No Progress Yesterday

    I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.