Sunday, July 19, 2015

Hot, Humid Sea Level Kettlebell Training

Long hours at work knocked me off my training schedule. I am still on call even though I'm technically on vacation and I got paged at 0330 this morning and didn't get back to bed until after 0600. I was determined to get in some training today.

Warm up walk 15 minutes for 0.65 miles and an average speed of 2.6 mph.

Calisthenic Circuits 5 reps per exercise, 12:33 minutes.
Training
As I mentioned I'm on vacation. I'm on Isle of Palms. It was so hot by the time, 1515, I started my workout it was so hot that just my moderately paced, short walk had me sweating like the proverbial pig. But then on to my calisthenic warm up. Talk about warmed up! The heat in itself is a warm up.

I went on to the swings. I wasn't too overwhelmed by the heat. I just worked my way up to 20 reps as normal. However, in my last set instead of doing 5 sets of 20 reps I alternated some lower reps 15, 20, 15, 20, 15 in order to not let the heat and humidity overwhelm me. I think I did pretty good since I've been doing my training outside at home where it is just as hot. I'll do 20, 15, 20, 15, 20 in the final five sets next session.

The get ups were hard at first but got better as I went on. It felt like I was getting strong as I went along.  I did the full ten sets as I planned. I finished up in 40:40 which was about the same as last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.