Saturday, July 4, 2015

Hot Aiken Kettlebell Training

We're in Aiken, SC visiting my father-in-law and assorted other relatives for the 4th of July long holiday weekend. Of course I'm still on call for work. I've been paged about something in the wee hours every night  for the last 3 or 4 nights. Therefore I didn't get around to my training today until 1312 when it was already 84°F and feeling like 87°F. Which really isn't too bad at all for Aiken in July. It is usually in the mid to upper nineties this time of year.

Warm Up Walk 0.71 miles in 15:52 for average speed of 2.7 mph.

Calisthenic Circuits 13:02 minutes.
The Practice
I walked a little longer today than normal. I haven't walked around in Houndslake Country Club, my father-in-law's neighborhood, in several months so my remembrance of distances was not the best. But that's okay cause I didn't top 7K steps yesterday. Hopefully, today I'll get over 7K. My calisthenic circuit was as normal.

Since my heart rate got so high during my last training session today I decided to repeat the same rep counts for kettlebell swings. That means I went no higher than 18 reps. And my heart rate didn't jump up like crazy today. In fact even though I was working out in direct sun I felt good. My daughter reminded me the other day that I need to get some sun on my bare torso before we go to the beach in two weeks or else I'll be sun burnt and not happy :-(

Since my swings went so well I decided to add another set to my Turkish Get Ups. I did nine sets today. Unfortunately, I think I took about 2.5 to 3 minutes rest between the swings and getups again. I really need to focus on shortening that to one minute as per Simple and Sinister.  But maybe that's an unrealistic expectation since Tracy Reifkind's Workout #3 has so many more reps of swings than Simple and Sinister calls for, today I did 292 reps. I think S&S calls for 10x10 or 100 reps of swings in 10 minutes followed by 10x1 TGUs per side after a 1 minute break. Anyway, my overall kettlebell time crept up to 39:48, 2:27 more than last time. Got to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.