Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Two Days Rest

I took two days rest after my July 4th training session. Either my training session was a little too hard or else the unfamiliar, very firm bed at my father-in-law's house flared up my back a bit. Or maybe it was a combination of both. By Saturday evening, we drove down on Friday, I had pain mostly in the S1 and L5 area. Kinda' radiating out from my tailbone into my glutes. Still felt that way Sunday and Monday morning so postponed training yesterday until today. I felt much better this morning.

Warm Up Walk 0.68 miles in 14:33 for average speed of 2.8 mph.

Calisthenic Circuits 13:02 minutes.
The Practice


Laddered my swings up to a max of 19 reps, part of my plan for getting back to the full 20 reps outlined in Tracy Reifkind's Workout #3. BTW, I also listened to a great interview of Tracy on the Strength Matters Podcast. It was pretty tough getting those 7 sets of 19 reps. You wouldn't think add just one more rep would make such a difference, but remember these sets are performed in EMOM fashion so every additional rep also decreases the rest time between sets.

Went on to the Turkish Get Ups as per usual. I was getting pretty tired around 6 sets. I started playing CT Fletcher in my head hearing him saying ISYMFS! I made it through my planned nine sets. I felt totally exhausted and my body felt thoroughly worked. I got a nice endorphin rush. Once again I took 2.5 minutes break between swings and getups. Total kettlebell time 43:09 which is rather disappointing. I'll do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.