Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Primal Blueprint Fitness Sprint Workout Four

I ran my sprints today during my lunch break at about 1300 hours. Part of the spot where I planned to run had been recently reseeded with grass and was spread with straw. I altered my path a bit so I wouldn't slip and bust my butt. This resulted in an uphill sprint for the last 10-15 meters.

Here is the workout:

6 rounds of 30 seconds at 50% speed alternated with 60 seconds walking.
6 rounds of 15 seconds at 75-90% speed alternated with 90 seconds walking.

Total distance for my intervals was 1.05 miles. I covered roughly the same distance on each leg of the intervals. I warmed up with a 0.3 mile, approximately 7 minute, uphill walk to my running spot. I cooled down with a 0.3 mile, approximately 9 minute, downhill walk back to the office.

I felt good running so hard in the second round of intervals. It was exhilarating and exhausting all at once. My right knee hurts a bit but I iced both knees down after hitting the showers. I felt a little extra soreness in right ankle, too. Unlike my distance runs, both calves were equally pumped instead of primarily my left calf. I think I did really well considering it's been fourteen days since my last sprint workout. I'm loving the entire Primal Blueprint Fitness approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.