Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Week of Vacation and ...

A week of vacation and a week back at work. Nearly three weeks without working out, in fact 18 days. How does this happen?

On another note, I really want to do CrossFit but my body feels so fragile. Just walking around NYC for hours often had my hip and low back aching. Anyway, back to week 1 day 1 of my Chin-ups, Push-ups and Squats program.

Intu-Flow Warm Up Plus Extra Shoulder Mobility: 11.5 Minutes

PLAN

Assisted Chin Ups 5 x 3, 4, 3, 1 negative, 1 max hang & negative
Push Ups 5 x 2, 3, 2, 2, max (at least 3)
Squats 5 x 3, 4, 3, 3, max (at least 5)

ACTUAL

Assisted Chin Ups 5 x 3, 4, 3, 1, 1
Push Ups 5 x 2, 3, 2, 2, 7
Squats 5 x 3, 4, 3, 3, 10

Time 12:35

ABS:
  1. Myotatic Crunch 1 x 10
  2. Cat Vomit Exercise 1 x 10
Total Time:

Prasara Yoga cool down: 15:00

So, I got it in. Since I went almost three weeks w/o a workout I dropped back to week one level one day one of my program again. I've got to stop doing this. All in all a good workout.

I took two minutes rest between rounds of chin-ups, push-ups and squats. I took two minutes between the last round and the ab exercises and two minutes between ab exercises. It's hard to get warmed up with such low reps on push-ups and squats. I focused on form. Got a nice arm pump from chin-ups and push-ups.

Tomorrow I'll do some walking and Intu-flow. I'll try to make sure I get up and move regularly at work, too.

1 comment:

  1. Got in 15 solid minutes of swimming, too. Now my shoulder hurts. :-(

    ReplyDelete

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.