Friday, October 9, 2015

Fast Workout Plus Cook Drill

Yesterday I got home from work around 1815 or 1830. I had promised to take my youngest son to TKD class at 2010. That meant I needed to get changed and get my workout area set up pretty quickly in order to have enough time to train prior taking him to his class. It also meant that I would need to go through my 10 sets of Turkish Get Ups as quickly as possible while maintaining good form. Here is how it went.

Warm up walk 0.51 miles in 10:30 for an average of 2.9 mph.

Warm up calisthenic circuits 5 reps per exercise,  (per side or direction if a unilateral type exercise) 12:23 minutes.
The Practice

My left hip has been giving me trouble still. I think it is the hip flexors. Some of it might be transmitted from old low back issues, need to increase flexibility through hamstrings and needing to increase core strength. We'll see. I'm going to work on those issues.

Anyway, once I was nicely warmed up and finished the first few sets of swings my hip felt better. I was able to stick to my planned set rep scheme for swings. I was breathing hard but not excessively so by the end of the 20 minutes. I think it is really time to increase the weight on both swings and get ups.

By the time I finished the swings my time was getting short. I told my son, "We need to leave for your class at 1950 in order to get to your 2010 class. I'm going to keep working out and if I don't finish I'll just stop." As it turned out, I completed my 10 sets of get ups. Also, I only took about 1.5 minutes break between the swings and get ups. Total time was 37 minutes exactly! That was almost 4 minutes less than last time and nearly 3 minutes faster than the time before that! Given sufficient motivation I can move faster.

After dropping my son off for his class I made a brief Wal-Mart run. After getting back to the TKD school I spent about 10 or 15 minutes doing the Loaded Carry Finisher as outlined in The 3 Tips That Will Help You Burn More Fat during Your Workout. Never having done this before I used a really light kettlebell just 15 pounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.