Friday, February 3, 2017

Chilly Simple and Sinister

Got up at 0615. But I didn't start training until 0845. I had an email to write to my son's lacrosse coaches. I did some dishes. I swept the kitchen floor. And on and on. But I made it outside and meditated for 10 minutes then got down to training.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ arms then legs
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 25 lbs.
2 Supersets Push-ups & Australian Pull-ups 8, 8

Simple and Sinister
Nice performance prep. Still need to look into progressing from the beginner moves of the Original Strength reset to the next level. Added in 2 supersets of push-ups and Australian push-ups. Only managed 8 reps each set as opposed to last time I did this superset when I got 10 and 8 reps. Total prep time 24:21.

Same sets and reps for swings and get ups as yesterday. Felt good. Nice form and power. Doing swings and get ups is really a kind of moving meditation. You have to be present, dialed in to your movement. Third training day in a row. Got a lot scheduled tomorrow, I'll need to get up earlier and get started sooner if I'm going to train tomorrow. Total time today 20:47. Only got in 6880 steps yesterday, my hip was pretty sore. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.