Saturday, February 4, 2017

Twenty-Nine Degrees Fahrenheit Kettlebell Practice

Heard of Hot Yoga, like ninety degrees? This was the opposite! It was cold and windy this morning! Twenty-nine degrees Fahrenheit to be exact. Not sure what the wind chill was. Cold enough for me to go back inside and put on a third shirt under my sweatshirt. Cold enough to make me wish I had taken time to put on a second pair of Injinji toe socks under my Vibram FiveFingers.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ arms then legs
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes
Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 25 lbs.

Simple and Sinister
Nice warm up. The rolling, rocking and crawling get my blood pumping. Get the sweat going. I purposely went to the sunniest part of the yard to crawl to get some extra heat going. Rest of the performance prep was as usual. Getting stronger w/ the arm bar. Wonder if I should add a 2nd set of the kettlebell halo? Total prep time 19:51.

Main part of kettlebell practice was as per usual. Sticking with same weights, reps and sets as the last few days.  I did almost lose one of my heavier get ups with the bell in my right hand. I was out of position and got a little of balance. But I recovered. My shoulder didn't like that too much but no serious injury. Did better on the following sets. Total kettlebell time 20:12. Only got in 8233 steps yesterday. If I had realized I was so close I would have pushed to get the 9k goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.