Wednesday, February 1, 2017

T-Shirt, Shorts and Kettlebells

Man, it is February 1st and 70F! After getting paged at 0550 this morning and spending the next four hours working on the problem I got outside about midday to train. It was beautiful! Sunny and warm. The weather, despite the hint of global warming, and exercise improved my mood considerably. I trained in shorts, a t-shirt and a pair of Vibram FiveFingers. If the concrete carport floor hadn't been so cool I probably would have trained shirtless and really barefoot to get maximum sun exposure.

Performance Preparation

Original Strength Reset
  • Cross Crawl - 20 per side 
  • Crocodile Breathing - 2 minutes
  • Head Nods - 20 reps
  • Rolling - 4 reps left and right first leading w/ arms then legs
  • Rocking - 20 reps
  • Crawling - 3 minutes

Wide Leg Founder 1
1 Set of 5 reps Kettlebell Halo w/ 25 lbs.
Arm Bar per side, 1 minute each w/ 25 lbs.

6 Minute Abs
  1. Myotatic Crunch 1 x 10
  2. Cat Vomit Exercise 1 x 10
Simple and Sinister
Nice warm up. Hips not quite as stiff as Monday. Left not as painful as yesterday. It's been six days since I worked my abs directly so I got that in today. Total prep time 24:32.

Swings felt good. Back muscles were getting a bit fatigued by the 8th set but I was able to maintain good form and power. I was a little unstable in the first two sets of get ups with the 44lb kettlebell. Tightened form on last four sets. Good training session overall. Total kettlebell time 21:31.

Only got 6713 steps yesterday. Stuck in meetings more than half the day, plus since my hip hurt I didn't push to get my 9K once I left work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Progress Yesterday

I didn't do anything toward my website building goal yesterday, Friday 04 March 2022. I'll pick it up again today.